Monday, September 26, 2011

3 months!!

3 months ago today- I laid eyes on my little girls for the first time. They were born at 33 weeks and Layla weighed 5 lbs 1 oz and Bree weighed 4 lbs 10 oz. Those two little people forever changed my world. It's crazy that in just 3 short months they have changed so much. I can see each one developing her own personality and I can already tell they will have mommy and daddy wrapped around their little fingers.

How far we've come in 3 months:
1. Just a few days ago, I switched out their niples from level 1 to level 2.  (They started their first week of life alternating feedings between a bottle and a feeding tube so watching them eat makes me happy)
2. I packed away all their newborn size clothing and they are now in size 0 -3 months just teetering on the border of 3-6 which I am dying for them to wear because that's the size I bought all their cute clothes in. I only got onesies and like 6 going out outfits in the smaller sizes.  (They started life in premie clothing and even those were big on them. I had to role the sleeves almost halfway up for them to fit. It;s crazy to see how small those outfits look today)
3. A few weeks ago they moved into the size 1 diapers and they are getting very close to size 2. (Once again they started life in premie size and even those diapers were huge)
4. They both have pretty good head control and can roll from tummy to back.
5. They can focus on objects and smile constantly! (truly understand how a smile can melt your heart now)

And now because a picture is a worth a thousand words and these just scream CUTE!!!! over and over again: here are their first three months in pictures:

                                                        Welcome to the world :)
                 On day 12, we left the NICU (grateful for two healthy babies)

  3 weeks: Got our newborn shots done! (best decision ever made to get these done- worth every penny to have these documented- I'll have to post the rest soon- our photographer was AMAZING- feel free to
                          check her out: http://www.jessicavphotography.com/ )

                                  Two months: Watching Mickey Mouse ClubHouse
                                    Mommy couldn't wait to put bows in our hair!
                                                     Already Best Friends :)

                                                             3 months old!                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment