Friday, February 15, 2013

Mother's Day Out

I will say today I am feeling more grateful than yesterday. I should say the hubs may suck at all holidays and indeed believes it is my job to do his laundry and my sole responsibility to care for our kids BUT some days thats not a bad thing. Like when it comes to major decisions- I don't have to argue or compromise I get to make the choices I feel are best for our children and well let's face it- most of us like doing things our way. (oh plus I can often guilt talk him into doing what I want such as the toughmudder this April)

One of the things I thought would be good for the girls is to start socializing more with other kids. Some moms get to do play dates, but this momma works 5 days a week which apparently are the only times all the mom groups here do playdates. I swear if I knew more people I would start a playdate for working moms (of course none of us would probably have the time to attend because let's face it getting off work, picking up the kids and then getting home to let them play, have dinner, baths, cuddle time and bed time leaves little time for showing up somewhere and fighting with them when I tell them it's time to go). Anyways, enter Mother's Day Out.

If you're new here and are wondering how I manage to take care of three kids when the hubs doesn't help me. Well, it's because I have the most AMAZEballs family in the whole entire world. Seriously, I would probably be in some mental institution if it wasn't for them. between my MIL (who lives with us), my dad and grandma who live by my job, and my mother who lives 20 minutes from my house I am fortunate enough to always have my kids with family who loves them! So the way I separate the girls is because I may take care of three kids under 19 months on my own but I would never expect others to so usually whoever has the twins- is just watching the twins and whoever has Peyton- only watches her. I however started to notice that the twins were getting sick of each other- i.e. fighting over things more often and even started to bite each other. My interpretation of this was they are sick of each other since they are always so kind to Peyton. I mean really- they have spent their whole lives together. they sleep in the same room and well every where they go there the other one is. So I have friends who take their kids to mother's day out and say it helps so much with socialization so even though I have free childcare, I decided that this was worth a shot. 

The girls attend mother's day out 2 days a week for four hours a day. I had high hopes that they would be learning so many new things and come back talking in full sentences. Well not so much but they do seem to get along better now. They seem to be more patient with one another and the biting has for the most part stopped. They share a lot more and even hug each other for no reason. It could be that they are just getting older and we all definitely work with them and stress for them to share and be gentle and sweet. They seem to love going and get so excited to carry their little book bags and lunch boxes. So my overall experience after starting in January is that this has been worth the money to me and that I will be enrolling them again for the coming school year. And I leave you with a few shots of my girls at school.
Waiting to go In!
 Playing on the Playground!
Sitting down, waiting for the Valentine's party!

-Ally


No comments:

Post a Comment